This section enables you to explore the various OpCenter modules. Points of interest:
- Each Module has Activities, represented by the icons you see on the home page.
- Within each Activity, there are multiple Areas, represented by Tabs.
- Within each Area, there are multiple pages which display information, and where work gets done.
- Access to each Icon, Tab or Page is controlled through Roles, where you can create unlimited Roles and specify if that Role can Edit, View or None for each. Then, you assign users to one role, and when they log in, the icons disappear if they have No access. If they have only View access, the Process button disappears.
- You will also notice some icons used in these pages:
The Wizard icon indicates that this page has a step-by-step approach. The user has ONLY ONE box into which to type, and once that box is filled, the buttons appear or the next entry box reveals itself. This prevents mistakes, and reduces the time it takes to train someone.
The Scan icon indicates that an external document is required at this stage, and should be scanned and available in some temporary location. Once uploaded, the scanned image SHOULD be deleted since there is no security on the temporary location.
The Sync icon indicates that this data is updated to your financial software in the next syc.
The Cloud Computing icon indicates that this feature uses OpCenter's Cloud Computing Infrastructure. When a document is uploaded, it is stored in a logical file structure that can be accessed only through OpCenter, which ensures strict access controls. This is continuously backed up to the cloud for disaster recovery.
When you send a document outside your Agency, these documents are accessible smply by clicking a hyperlink in your document.
To illustrate, you can email a Purchase Order to your vendor, but the vendor sees only a hyperlink. They click on the hyperlink, and your PDF opens. Inside the PO, they see a link to your requisition, clicking on which opens up your requisition.
Another instance is when Statements are emailed to Payors and Parents. They see a single link, clicking on which opens up the statement PDF, with a table of all invoices. Each Invoice has a hyperlink which opens the Invoice. Each Invoice in turn has the Parent Voucher as a hyperlink, which opens the scanned image of the voucher.